Peter Parker is the main protagonist of the series, Marvel's Spider-Man and is also known as the masked web-slinger of New York, Spider-Man. He is voiced by Robbie Daymond.
Peter Parker is a boy who lost his parents and was taken by his uncle and aunt. He was then raised by them as he started to be encouraged by his uncle to pursue Science, who also taught him by his motto "with great power, comes great responsibility."
During a school trip to Oscorp Tower, Peter was bitten by one of the experimental spiders that escaped during a breach. While reeling from the effects of the spider bite, Peter discovered he had developed amazing spider-like abilities. Still amazed by these new powers, Peter decided to approach this predicament using the five steps of the scientific method: observation, hypothesis, prediction, experimentation, and conclusion.
While examining his new abilities, Peter developed two web-shooter bracelets to make up for the fact he didn't seem to inherit the spider's ability to generate webbing. While trying out his ability to swing from weblines, Peter was inspired by a fortune-teller to use his powers to pursue fame and fortune, while still keeping his identity a secret. With the resources from his house, Peter created a costume. The young boy subsequently chose wrestling as the stepping stone to stardom, using the stage name "the Spider."
While getting ready to confront professional wrestler Bonesaw McGee as part of the show "So You Want to be a Wrestler?" a fleeing thief ran past Peter. Having determined that catching the criminal wasn't his responsibility, Peter didn't intervene. As the Spider, Peter easily defeated his opponent in the ensuing wrestling match, winning a trophy and the cameraman tells him that he was gonna remember this for the rest of his life.
When he returned home, Peter learned his Uncle Ben had been murdered by a burglar he surprised trying to break into their house. Fueled by rage, Peter suited up and confronted the murderer in the warehouse where the police had notified he was holding up. As soon as Peter got a close look at the criminal's face, he realized it was the very same thief he didn't lift a finger to stop earlier that very same night. When Peter returned home following the burglar's arrest, who was sentenced to the prison for 25 yrs and Peter, therefore, makes his conclusion that his powers are not to be taken lightly. He discovered he had finally realized the true meaning behind his Uncle Ben's motto. Deciding to honor the memory of his uncle, Peter set out to use his powers to help people, wearing a new refined costume and taking up the superhero alias of Spider-Man.
Being A Student at Midtown High
Getting bit by a Radioactive Spider
Years later, Peter's class in Midtown High was taken on a field trip to Oscorp. Unfortunately, there was a release of experimented radioactive spiders and one of them bit Peter. Peter then started to have some superhuman strength. He begins to be tensed after seeing some spider powers in his body and learns that he can see without his glasses, he gets out of Oscorp and then plans on using the five scientific methods to know what is happening to him. Learning that he has superhuman strength, agility, wall crawling, spider-sense, Peter begins to hypothesize and then starts to make webs like spiders in a watch (web shooters). He plans on testing them outside instead of his house so he gets out of the house and goes to a roof, covers his eyes with a web mask, and once he tries, it works and he starts to swing. Later on, a lady predicts his fortune telling about fame and fortune and mistakenly while seeing his hand presses his web shooters and it sticks to her face. Peter then plans on getting a costume and starts to experiment by going on a wrestling competition but to keep his identity safe he calls himself the Spider. Before his wrestling competition begins, he lets go of a burglar who broke in without clearance, the security guard tells Peter that thanks for nothing. Peter goes in for the wrestling competition where he faces Bonesaw McGee, who has defeated a lot of wrestlers, he first uses a chair to hit Peter, later, after learning that he can use anything decides to use his webs and defeats him. He gets a trophy.
Peter gets his trophy and comes home but then realizes that his Uncle was no more after he was shot by a burglar. Peter filled with rage and grief goes after the burglar with his spider powers and suit after he learns where the burglar is hiding even though the police said they will handle it. Peter enters the warehouse through the window, the burglar is not afraid at first, but Peter makes him be very afraid and then he starts to beat and thrash him into crates in a ruthless fury and the burglar gets scared, once he sees his face after removing the web he put on his face, he figures out he was the same hooded guy that escaped before his wrestling competition that he let go, as he cries out, "WHAT HAVE I DONE!??," the burglar runs out where the police are stationed and willingly surrenders himself into arrest and is sentenced to prison for 25 years and Peter, therefore, makes his conclusion that his powers are not to be taken lightly. After remembering what his uncle told him that "with great power, comes great responsibility," to use his powers for good and becomes a hero calling himself Spider-Man!
Fighting His First Villain, The Vulture
The first day Peter starts to be a superhero calling himself Spider-Man, he fights some people using scientific technology and powerful weapons after stealing Vibranium, Unfortunately Peter stops them but by the time he is about to take them down, The Vulture shows up and takes him high to the sky and then drops him but Peter puts a web on him and holds it, as Peter goes through a building being hit by every glass, Peter then uses his webs and holds a street light and as The Vulture begins to try to get Spider-Man off his leg, Peter let go of him and Vulture clashes to a Daily Bugle Truck and the police comes by then. He uses his sonic scream and the police standing at the back of Spider-Man are aimed at, Peter covers them both with webs as the Vulture gets away.
Getting A Chance To Be A Student At Horizon High
Peter Parker is a young teenager who is interested in science. He is a friendly, good-natured, high-spirited and caring young man who shows his loved one's constant respect and affection. Because of these traits, Peter has been shown to make friends quite easily as he quickly befriended Miles Morales, Gwen Stacy, and Anya Corazon.
After getting bitten by a radioactive spider during his school field trip, he uses the five scientific methods to understand what is happening to him, during his fourth method (experimentation), he lets go a burglar unknowingly about the consequences, the burglar who shot Uncle Ben turns out to be the same guy who ran past him back at the venue before his match. Peter hunts down and beats up the burglar by slamming him through crates and pins him to a wall showing a more brutal, ruthless side after losing his uncle.But when Peter realizes that he inadvertently allowed said burglar to run off and kill Ben, he's consumed with regret. After learning that, Peter realizes that he needed to become more responsible for the lives of others as his Uncle once said to him: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" by becoming a hero.
After the death of Uncle Ben, Peter learned what truly mattered in life and decided to use his powers not for fame or fortune, but for heroism. Selfless and brave, Peter took the lessons from his late uncle to heart and used his powers with responsibility and protected civilians from the criminals and villains that would risk their safety.
Powers and Abilities
- Scientific Level Intelligence: Peter as being himself is very smart and intelligent as it is shown Peter's interests in science and uses the five basic methods of science in order to use his powers.
- Radioactive Spider: After getting bit by that radioactive spider from Oscorp, Peter has gained the strength, speed, equilibrium and healing rate abilities of a common spider to become a superhero.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man has super strength possesses superhuman strength, he is strong enough to easily push down a door.
- Superhuman Agility:
- Superhuman Reflexes:
- Wall-Crawling: He has the ability to climb walls.
- Spider-Sense: Just like a spider, when in danger, Peter gets alert through his abilities which he calls Spider-Sense.
- Web Shooters: The web shooters are used by Peter, its features are just like a spiders own.
- Web Fluid:
As Peter Parker
Peter is a young Caucasian Teenager who has lime green eyes and dark brown hair. He wears a hood (sometimes either dark gray or red) with a t-shirt underneath and blue jeans with grey sneakers.
His new costume is a body suit which he created at Horizon High, it based on an arachnid, with the spider suit's primary colors being red and blue, with a silhouette of a spider on the chest area and a large red spider on the back. The red section has a black pattern that resembles that of a spider web, with the center of the web being on the mask between the eyes and on top of the nose. The eyes on the mask are white with a bold black outline around them. His shoe welts and wrists, where his web shooters reside are blue. This becomes his primary costume.
Peter created his first costume using red/blue hoodie, his aunt's blue sweatpants, black gloves and dark sneakers. And a red mask with a pair of yellow goggles. It was intended to be his wrestling costume to test out his powers during the Scientific Method and even later used it to make his superhero debut as Spider-Man, although many people started miscalling him by other names: bugboy, beetle kid, and flying squirrel. The costume was torn during Spider-Man's first encounter with the Spider-Slayer.
When he came in contact with the V-252, Peter's suit became black and has a white spider on the chest and on the back of his body. He gets rid of the symbiote because it tries to take over his mind and start causing chaos.
Appearances (in episodes)
As the main protagonist, he appears in every episode.
- Spider-Man's costume in this series is slightly similar to The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) movie suit.
- In the comics, Peter is usually portrayed as having either brown, blue, or hazel eyes in the comics and other versions. However, in this series, his eyes are green.
- Peter's homemade suit is similar to the homemade outfit from Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- So far, the only people who know that Peter is Spider-Man are Harry Osborn and Miles Morales.
- It is revealed in the episode "Stark Expo" that Peter weighs 97 pounds, and is 5 feet 10 inches tall.
- Peter's original Spider costume included blue sweats taken from his Aunt May.
- Peter Parker's voice actor, Robbie Daymond, had previously auditioned for the same role in Marvel's Spider-Man's predecessor Ultimate Spider-Man.
- Peter appears to be a fan of Iron Man, having a drawing of himself and Iron Man in a sticky note in his room, as well as an Iron Man cardboard Halloween costume in his closet.
- Peter is right-handed.
- It is shown in the episode "Horizon High, Part 2" that Peter can speak Spanish.
- It is revealed in "A Day in the Life" that Peter doesn't believe in luck.
- Peter is 16 years old at the beginning of the series.
- Peter's second attempt at a makeshift included a hoodie and mask that resembled those from the Scarlet Spider's costume.
- Spider-Man and the Avengers are the only heroes in the series, as of where the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and other major Marvel characters do not exist.
- This show's Peter Parker/Spider-Man also appeared on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Peter's first supervillain was the Vulture, which is a nod to Spider-Man: Homecoming, where the Peter in the MCU's first villain was also the Vulture.